Monday, April 26, 2010

Anindya from India


My move to Tokyo from Bombay, India, was quite sudden and unexpected. I had just a little over a month's notice to pack my bags and join the new office. I didn't know any Japanese. This would be the first time I would be living in another country. And I would have to leave behind my familiar social circle and start all over again. Needless to say, it was quite stressful and finding an apartment asap was on the top of my list. Luckily, I got to know about Hikari Home through an online forum and Jeff got in touch soon after. He sat down with me and tried to make sense of my requirements after patiently listening to my confused ramblings (I really didn't know what I wanted). The end of the story is that I found my apartment at the end of the very first day after going apartment hunting with the shortlist that Jeff had prepared. A few emails later, it was time to just collect the keys, with hardly any paperwork involved. Jeff also helped me decipher the functions of the numerous buttons on the gadgets in the apartment (they were all in kanji!!). Thanks to Jeff and everyone else at Hikari, my move to Tokyo was a dream rather than the nightmare I had expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment